Translate

Wednesday 11 February 2015

Pre-Production Land Rovers

Though there are no notes about them in the programme of the event, these two pre-production Land Rovers were at Heaton Park, Manchester at the Trans Lancs Historic Vehicle Rally organised by the Greater Manchester Transport Society in September 1998 - you can see one of them on the back of the Leyland Beaver Transporter which I showed on 29 December 2014. My memory tells me there were more than two of these pre-production Land Rovers present that day, but my memory may not be telling me the truth.
Pre-production model No. 9

Pre-production model No. 12

There were apparently 48 of these pre-production Land Rovers built of which 19 still exist, and you can read something about them on this 4wdonline site.

No comments:

Post a Comment