Translate

Thursday 28 September 2023

Take the Family

I took this photograph on The Avenue, the straight between Old Hall Corner and Cascades during the Richard Seaman Memorial Historic Trophy Race at the Vintage Sports Car Club's meeting at Oulton Park in June 1974.
I usually went to race meetings on my own which gave me freedom to wander round the paddock or to outflung corners of the circuit to take photographs without taking the risk of boring the rest of my family who don't share my enthusiasm for the sport. Other people obviously had no problems with taking all the family along. The nearest of the red cars here is David Fletcher-Jones in his 1934/5 1,086cc Lagonda Rapier while the car just disappearing from the shot seems to be Colin Warrington's 1931/4 Appleton Special, a Maserati 8C chassis with a supercharged 1½ litre Riley engine.

No comments:

Post a Comment