Translate

Thursday 24 December 2015

Maserati 150S

This car was part of a display at the SeeRed meeting at Donington Park in September 2005.
It's a 1956 Maserati 150S, serial number 1667, and was originally a works race car. It's not listed as taking part in the 1950s sports car race in the programme of the event and I don't recall it as being in the demonstration run by various Ferrari and Maserati cars. I remember that the racing driver Brian Naylor, who lived in Stockport and had a car showroom in Wellington Road South bought one of these cars in 1956. I lived about five miles from Stockport and I recall on more than one occasion riding to Stockport on my bicycle to see the Maserati and other of his race cars on display in the showroom. Brian Naylor's car, incidentally, was one earlier than this car, serial number 1666.

No comments:

Post a Comment