Translate

Tuesday 25 November 2014

Orange Bus

I saw this bus just over a year ago, 8 November 2013 to be exact, parked on Dowson Road, Hyde, opposite the Shell Service Station when I was walking down into Hyde town centre.
What struck me about it was the colour and the fact that there was no lettering on the bus, no clue as to the bus company owning it, nor even the manufacturer of the bus. I thought I'd show the photo on my blog and had a search around to see if I could find out anything about it. There are a few photos of it on Flickr and it seems from the information given on those that the bus is a Volvo B7TL with an Alexander ALX400 body and was originally in service in Dublin and registered 00-D-4009. It then went to Yelloways of Chadderton with the registration number M12 YEL (as above) and subsequently to Bradshaw's of Worsley and re-registered as X38 UAO.

No comments:

Post a Comment