After the death of Alfieri Maserati in 1932 the remaining Maserati brothers Ernesto, Ettore and Bindo encountered mounting financial problems which finally came to a head in 1947 when the company, together with the Maserati name, was sold to Adolfo Orsi. Their desire to build cars remained, however, and they formed a new company, OSCA (Officine Specializzate Construzioni Automobili), which began by constructing cars for the 1100cc racing class. The urge to build a Grand Prix contender was still there though, and in 1951 they introduced the OSCA 4500G and then, when the World Championship of 1952 was contested by Formula 2 cars, the OSCA 20. Neither car was particularly successful and when new Formula 1 regulations were introduced for the 1954 season OSCA withdrew from Grand Prix racing to concentrate on building sports cars.
The Osca 20 is sometimes seen in Historic racing events, however, and here is one which competed at the Richard Seaman Trophies meeting at Oulton Park in August 1992:
The car was then owned by Anthony Mayman but according to the programme of the meeting was driven that day by T S Fellows, here seen approaching Lodge Corner.