Translate

Wednesday 30 April 2014

Cooper Bristol

When I was 11 or 12 years old I remember a set of dinky toy 1950s racing cars: an Alfa Romeo 158 in Italian racing red, a Talbot Lago T26 in French blue, a Maserati (4CL I think) in the Swiss racing colours of red with a white flash, a light green British HWM, a Ferrari 500 in Argentinian colours of blue and yellow and last but not least a Cooper Bristol in dark British racing green. More than any of the others I am reminded of those dinky toys each time I see a Cooper Bristol.

The photographs below are of three Cooper Bristols taken at the Richard Seaman Memorial Trophies meeting at Oulton Park in June 1982.
This car's not shown in the programme of the event so I don't know who drove it that day
 A MkII model of 1952, driven in the Cheshire Building Society Allcomers Race by H S Clifford
R J S MacPherson driving his 1953 MkII

No comments:

Post a Comment