Translate

Wednesday 20 February 2013

Contrails

Manchester appears to be at a crossroads of air corridors passing north-south and east-west across Britain. On a clear day there's usually a few contrails to be seen and here's a photograph I took at about 7.30 last Saturday when the otherwise cloudless sky appeared to be covered with them. I think it's the atmospheric conditions which determine how long they last and I counted over 30 ranging from ones in the process of being formed to some which had spread out and had obviously been there for a considerable time.
The view is looking more or less due east from the old railway bridge on Dowson Road in Hyde.

2 comments:

  1. well snap - we both snapped together didn't we? - you were out early!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually have a stroll down to the shop each day to buy my morning newspaper between 7:30 and 8:00am.

      Delete