Translate

Monday 30 May 2022

Cooper

I took this photograph in the paddock at the Aston Martin Owners Club's Historic Car Races meeting at Oulton Park in September 1986, but I've not been able to identify the car shown.
The programme of the event doesn't have a number 50 in the race for which the car would have been eligible - the Historic Car Championship race. John Harper's Cooper number 27 is listed for that race, but his was a green car and a T53 that I featured on 2 September 2021. The number 50 car in this photograph appears to be a Cooper T59 Formula Junior car, but despite a search of the internet I've not been able to positively identify it. The transporter behind the Cooper shows the name of John Charles who had a Connaught entered in the Historic Car Championship race, but I've not been able to ascertain if he also had a Cooper. An internet search for  Barry Simpson Engineering Ltd also produced no results.

No comments:

Post a Comment