Translate

Friday 3 August 2018

Friday's Ferrari

I took this photograph at McLeans Corner during the HGPCA Race for Pre-1961 Grand Prix Cars at the Historic Grand Prix Cars Association's International Historic Grand Prix meeting at Donington Park in May 2004.
It's Tony Smith in his 1960 Ferrari Dino 246 F1 car, originally with a 2½ litre engine in line with the then current Formula 1 regulations, but the programme of this event says it has a 2,952cc engine - presumably the Columbo V12 unit as fitted to the 250 series cars in the 1950s & 60s.

On 24 February 2017 I showed a photograph of this car in the paddock at Donington Park in September 2005.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dave, I was wondering if you could possibly email me: theroaringseason@gmail.com I'm writing a book about historic New Zealand racing cars, which includes the Ferrari pictured here which spent many years in NZ. I would love to use this photo in the book if possible? All the photos I have are only those from its NZ history.

    Many thanks
    Steve Holmes

    ReplyDelete